All of our Caregivers are NJ Certified Home Health Aides (CHHA) with a minimum of 2 years experience. Each Caregiver undergoes an intense rigorous screening and training process.
Because of our high standards we only attract the “Most Elite” caregivers. All of our caregivers must possess the following credentials to even be considered as a candidate:
- 2 years or more of home care experience
- Verifiable professional references
- Clean background check (performed annually)
- Health Physical (performed annually)
- TB/Mantoux testing (performed annually)
- Vaccination record
- Personality/psychological exam
- Lengthy and thorough 3 person interview
- License verification (performed annually)
- DMV check and car insurance verification (performed annually)
- Document verification
Once the Candidate has made it through our screening process and is hired, they will then begin our Company Training & Orientation to enhance their CHHA training and to make sure they thoroughly understand their role. This also allows us to see them in action and assists us in our selection and matching process with our clients.
We then provide on-site orientation of the care plan and continued support for entire length of care. Our Registered Nurses are required to visit every 60 days as per NJ regulations, however we visit at least every 30 days to ensure the care plan is being followed and also to make any necessary changes.
We are one of New Jersey’s largest non-franchised family owned home care providers. We provide the most reputable compassionate care professionals in the industry by setting our core standards over and above state requirements.
Independence Home Care has all of the following credentials so that you can rest assured knowing your loved one is protected.
- New Jersey State Licensed by the Division of Consumer Affairs (HP 0148500)
- Professional Bond
- Dishonesty Bond
- Comprehensive Liability Insurance
- Auto Insurance Rider for caregivers to transport our Client’s
- RN Supervisions with a visit every 30 days
- RN training and orientation
- Caregiver replacement for call outs or emergencies
- 24/7 on–call. 365 days a year
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Workman’s Compensation Insurance for ALL of our Staff
- All the Caregivers are OUR employees; we handle all payroll and taxes
- A+ Better Business Rating
- Real unaltered testimonials
- CHAP Accredited
- Member of New Jersey Home Care Association
- Member of National Alzheimer’s Society
- Continual Communication of any changes in care
We will gladly provide proofs of our licensure and insurances.